Tips For Your “Escape From It All” Secluded Ohio Cabin Getaway
Now that you have planned your perfect romantic Ohio cabin getaway or that dream family secluded cabin vacation escape, you’re asking yourself…“What should we pack?” or “What do we need to bring for our stay at Possum Lodge Cabins?” We frequently hear these type of questions from folks heading to Possum Lodge Cabins for the first time.
While the information we include on our website regarding cabin amenities is a helpful guideline, it doesn’t go into great detail regarding all the extras we do provide for you. Our guests are pleasantly surprised when they arrive at our Possum Lodge Cabin Rental for the first time and start looking around their getaway cabin retreat, discovering they brought things along they really didn’t need to. We really try to think of everything so our guests can enjoy a truly “kickback” escape to Possum Lodge Cabins.
So, what is included in your pet-friendly cabin rental at Possum Lodge Cabins?
Here are some suggestions and tips to help make your planning as easy as possible. You basically need to bring your clothing and personal toiletries, and of course, any food and drink you are planning to consume at the cabin during your stay.
Some folks just like to kick back, stay put at the cabin, and hike on our private trails with family and pets (you can take quite a hike on 64 acres) or enjoy our back porch outdoor tavern (my favorite spot).
Read a few of our guest reviews and you will understand why contented guests love to just chill at the cabin. Our pet-friendly cabin and rolling acres of woods will be a paradise for that special furry family member if you are bringing one along.
If you prefer not to cook or do as little of that as possible during your stay, you will find some wonderful eat-in restaurants, take-outs, wineries, just a short drive from the cabin. You can eat at a nearby marina at Tappan Lake or Piedmont Lake, or try Raiders Restaurant in Freeport, head out for some local homemade ice cream and sightseeing at one of the nearby lakes., (Tappan Lake, Piedmont Lake, Clendening Lake, Salt Fork State Park). If you are really adventurous how about trying some buffalo meat – yes there is a buffalo ranch nearby where you can purchase that delicacy. Boss Bison Ranch.
To help you get around upon your arrival you will be given a packet of information/literature/maps of the local area, Harrison County Visitors’ Guide and points of interest like the buffalo ranch. We also have links to many of these sites on our Area Info Page of our website.
You can also purchase extra or forgotten supplies at our local Family Dollar in Freeport, just a few minute’s drive away.
Here is a list of all the things we provide at Possum Lodge Cabins to help you plan that hassle-free trip.
Fully Appointed Kitchen with Granite Countertops:
- Full sized 4 – Burner electric stove/range
- Built-In Above Stove Microwave
- Full-Size Refrigerator/Freezer
- Coffee Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Pots, Pans, Baking Pans
- Mixing Bowls & Large Serving Bowls
- Pizza Tray
- Baking and Casserole Dishes, Muffin Tin
- Coffee Mugs
- Common Kitchen Utensils
- Kitchen Linens (Hand Towels and Wash Cloths)
- Trash Bag (bring extra in case you need them)
- Outdoor Gas Grill Cooking Utensils
- All bed linens provided
- Master bedroom with queen size bed on the first floor
- Back bedroom with two twin beds also on the first floor
- Loft sleeping has a queen and two twin beds
Bathroom (Full Bath has tub/shower):
- Bath & hand towels, washcloths
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Full sized washer & dryer
- Hair dryer
- Emergency First-Aid kit
Also Provided (at no extra charge):
- DVD/CD player for any movies you might want to bring
- Fire pit and picnic tables
- Long handled lighters
- Propane for the gas grill
- Walking sticks (please leave them for the next guest!)
- Custom made Possum Lodge Corn Hole Game for a great lawn game
- A small library of books & magazines for your reading enjoyment
- Citronella outdoor candle
- Emergency night-lights/flashlights in case the power goes out (hey, it happens!)
- Broom & dustpan
- Snow shovel & ice-melt salt
We hope you found these tips and a closer look at Possum Lodge Cabins helpful. Whether you are couple planning a romantic getaway for two or cabin rental for a family getaway choose to stay at Possum Lodge Cabins and you will see why folks keep coming back. We truly are your Home Away From Home.
Book Your Cabin Getaway Now!
Call us at 740-400-9228